[Firebird-net-provider] Error: Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.
Bradburn, Greg (LNG-RDU)
2013-10-21 16:49:34 UTC
I am getting the following error when trying to open one of our firebird databases:
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbException was caught
HResult=-2147467259
Message=Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.
Source=FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient
ErrorCode=335544472
SQLSTATE=28000
StackTrace:
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionInternal.Connect()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.Create()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.CheckOut()
at FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnection.Open()
at netTiersFileCopier.UpdateFirebirdDatabase.ExecuteBatch(String connectionString, String updateScript, Boolean executeSingleStatements) in c:\Dev\JurisSuite\Branches\v2.7\Foundation\Core\Utililties\netTiersFileCopier\netTiersFileCopier\UpdateFirebirdDatabase.cs:line 623

Here is a screen shot of the code I am executing and the connection string I am using:

Here is a screenshot of the same database opened in FlameRobin using the same credentials:
[cid:***@01CECE5B.FDC2A220]

Why do I receive that error when trying to open the database programmatically when I can open the same database with the same credentials in FlameRobin?

I have searched for this error but none of the posts that I have found seem to describe the same issue that I am having.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Greg.
Greg Bradburn
Sr. Software Engineer
LexisNexis - Business of Law Software Solutions
2000 Regency Pkwy, Suite 600
Cary, NC 27518
919-297-1788 Direct
Gerdus van Zyl
2013-10-22 12:48:04 UTC
Remove "role=;" from your connectionstring, don't know why but if I add it
to my working connection string it gives the same error.
FbConnectionStringBuilder is recommended to build a connectionstring.

<http://about.me/gerdus>
Bradburn, Greg (LNG-RDU)
2013-10-22 14:56:09 UTC
Thanks. That did the trick.

Mark Rotteveel
2013-10-22 17:55:06 UTC
Post by Gerdus van Zyl
Remove "role=;" from your connectionstring, don't know why but if I add
it to my working connection string it gives the same error.
FbConnectionStringBuilder is recommended to build a connectionstring.
Role "" (empty string) is not the same as no role. A potential solution
would be for the provider not to send the role if it is empty.

Mark
Mark Rotteveel
Rand Random
2013-10-22 09:22:15 UTC
Replace the "user" in connection string to
"user id"

From: ***@lexisnexis.com
To: Firebird-net-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:49:34 +0000